STARTING THE DAY BEAUTIFULLY:

STARTING THE DAY BEAUTIFULLY:

quinta-feira, 12 de novembro de 2009

bathroom decor - part II

















These are the final photos on my kid's bathroom.
As you can see we have a big window overlooking the garden; in fact it's my front garden and breakfast area! We have 3 bathrooms; 2 on the private zone and a guest bathroom that is much much smaller, and that i'll show you one of this days! This bathroom is too big for a bathroom but there's a reason for it!! We had palnned to have a traditional sauna installed. We never did because they are too expensive and now that we finally can do it, we have the house for sale and in Portugal people do not really like saunas!; so... no advantage on having it!
When we planned the house layout we always wanted to have big windows on the bathrooms. When we lived on the flat all our bathrooms had no windows and it was not a good choice! If we sell this house and build another one i intend to have much bigger windows. In fact i want to have a huge glass wall on my bathroom so one can lay on the bathtube and feel as if one is in the garden!!!
The white mirror was bought together with a table, and it was dark brown. I painted it wait and then added that piece of green behind it. just think the result was really feminine!
The paintings were bought at a cheap shop and are handpainted.
The soap is that wonderful marseille one and it's looking kind of funny because my baby girl loves to eat soap and shampoo!!!! One of this days caught her eating this one!!! Can't say she has bad taste!!!
Hope you liked the "tour"! A great night to you all!

19 comentários:

BellaRosa disse...

What a lovely bathroom, I saw sooo many things in there that I want :) Lucky kids to have such a big bathroom, our biggest, is I think 1/2 that size...oh to dream :) besos, Rose

fräulein klein disse...

What wonderful bathroom you have! So lovely decoration!
Warm greetings, Yvonne

Foto Lucian disse...

What some interesting pictures of the bathroom are also great, congratulations.

Rostrose disse...

Dear Rosa, your bathroom is such an inspiring ans feminine room! And your house has three (!) bathrooms - WOW, I think, I nevercould leave / sell this house! (But I'm sure you will find another one whith larger windows and you will make it to a dream-place again!!!)
Hugs, you dear, and a happy weekend - Traude

Maria disse...

Dear Rosa,

you have a beautiful bathroom! It looks like a dream!

I hope you are doing well! Take care!

Maria

jade disse...

Liebste Rosa,
was für wundervolle Details in diesem romantischen Badezimmer - es gibt so vieles zu entdecken!!! Und es sieht so herrlich gemütlich aus, wie ein Wohnzimmer - dort könnte ich mich stundenlang aufhalten....ich liebe es zu baden, dabei schöne Musik zu hören.....traumhaft!!!!!! Ach und eine Sauna wäre himmlisch - wir haben leider keinen Platz dafür!!

Dir und deiner ganzen Familie wünsche ich ein wundervolles Wochenende, ganz liebe Grüße, herzlichst Jade

Corinne. disse...

Superbe la déco de ta salle de bain !!
J'aime beaucoup les coquillages et tout ce qui est en rapport avec la mer !!!
Les petites bougies pour ce dettendre dans son bain !!
Hummmmm que du bonheur !!
Je t'embrasse
amitié
corinne

Mayflower disse...

Hello dear Rosa, I lik this bathtour very much, you have a lovely bathroom for the childeren, so beautiful decorated.
Have a nice weekend.
Lovely greetings from Mea

Modern Country disse...

Oh such wonderful images that gives us instant feeling ofg comfort and joy. I hope you weekend willl be just beautiful!!

Hugs, Aina

Luiza disse...

Dearest , Rosa!
The bathroom looks so warm and cosy. The mirror is wonderful, I love mirrors, among all other things =).

My husband is from Finland, so a sauna is a must in our house, so when the new building is ready to interior, he will build one...haha.

Where are you going to built a new house, (sorry if I missed it).
I hope it all goes as planned.

It´s funny we do have so many things in common, we could be sisters. I guess we are , in a way.

I wish you a wonderful day.

Love/
Luiza

sara på hedepipan disse...

Hello. I have lockt at your blogg and i like it. The mirror in the kids bathroom and the newspapper basket and the hospital box and and and. The hallowen party, the dekoration, i have never seen something like that wow.
I have been i portugal in Algarve ones, its a long time agoe.
Have a nice day.
huggs sara

My shabby chic house disse...

Hi Rosa!

I loved the tour, thank you! Know i fell like taking a hot bath:o)

I justed wanded to wish you a lovely weekend and say thankyou for all your lovely comments, it´s means a lot!

Would you like me to install google translate for you at my blog...?

All the best
Mia

Maison Douce disse...

Lindos detalhes, Rosa!!! Adoro o espelho.... Que graca as dentadinhas no sabao!!!!!
Isabel

Romantiska Hem disse...

Soo lovely! Du måste ha en prity stort hus vill jag också ha ett separat badrum för min snart, då jag colud har mina tvålar för min Onw ... leende. Ha en trevlig helg! kramar från Petra

Shabbycharm disse...

hallo.... i want to take a bath in yours bathroom, it;s so beautiful and cosy....:O)
hugs bella

Draffin Bears disse...

Thank you for taking us on a tour of your bathroom.
It is really lovely. I often use the same French soaps.

Have a lovely weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Lucas Mendes disse...

olá Rosa, muito obrigado pelo seu comentário e sua visita, seu trabalho é muito bom, eu realamente gostei bastante. uma abraço e até mais.

Златина disse...

I like that!
Аnd will be back again! :)

Fridas gård disse...

Wow, so many wonderful photos with many details, I need some more time to really sit down and look at your pictures, not a quick look at work..;)!

Have a nice day!
kind regards, Therese

THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT! YOU ARE WELCOME ANYTIME!