STARTING THE DAY BEAUTIFULLY:

STARTING THE DAY BEAUTIFULLY:

terça-feira, 6 de outubro de 2009

romantic memories of ... SINTRA









































Last Saturday we went to Quinta da Regaleira with some friends that have 2 boys (and that means perfect day for my son!!!)! Quinta da Regaleira is an estate located near the historic center of Sintra, Portugal. It is classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO within the "Cultural Landscape of Sintra". Along with other palaces in this area (such as the Pena, Monserrate and Seteais palaces), it is one of the principal tourist attractions of Sintra. It consists of a romantic palace and chapel, and a luxurious park featuring lakes, grottoes, wells, benches, fountains, and a vast array of exquisite constructions. The palace is also known as "Palace of Monteiro the Millionaire", from the nickname of its first owner, António Augusto Carvalho Monteiro.
Our children had lots of fun, as you can see on the pics. It was such a nice day! It was not too hot, neither windy and at 11 o'clock at night it was still 23 degrees. After visiting the garden, palace, chappel, caves ... and tasting Sintra's delicious cakes, we ended the day having dinner at an indian restaurant that has wonderful tasty food. Just perfect!...
For those who already know Sintra hope my photos bring good memories!...
For those who never visited it and do not know it, hope you like the photos and,... who knows?! feel like coming here and check it out!
My photos on the fleamarket findings will come on the next post!! Promisse!
May you all have a marvellous autumn day! (here it's windy and rainy!)

17 comentários:

Steven D! feat. Charly_GC disse...

A wonderful gallery of photos!
Regards from Germany sends Steven D!
I don't know, why I'm appearing at your "current readers" twice. In my bloglist your blog is only anounced one time.

Magdalena disse...

...que precioso este lugar...antes de leer el texto te iba a preguntar si es este que te vas a comprar...
Maravilla!gracias por compartir!
Abrazo fuerte
Magdalena/Color Sepia

Corinne. disse...

Holala c'est magnifique cet endroit !!
Merci pour ce superbe reportage tes photos sont superbes!!
Je ne connais pas le portugal mais je crois que j'aimerais beaucoup, peu être pour cet été qui sait ???
Bises
amitié
corinne

Marie-Ange disse...

Je suis en admiration devant les photos de ce magnifique pays qu'est le Portugal !
Je n'y suis jamais allée, mais à voir de telles merveilles, je crois que je vais programmer un petit voyage !
Merci pour ces instants de rêve ...
Bisous du coeur.
Marie-Ange

fräulein klein disse...

So many wonderful pictures from your visit. There I would also drive with pleasure once.

maren disse...

it looks like a fairy tale place...
:)

piitis disse...

Hei Rosa Maria!
Many many wonderful photos. Lovely..

Have a great week!
^_^Piitis

Ana disse...

What a beautiful and romatic place. Sounds like you and your children had a wonderful time. I am in total awe of all the gorgeous pictures. Absolutely breath taking. So many wonderful places I would love to travel to. I have just added Sintra to my list. :-D Have a wonderful day.

Smiles,
♥Ana

Alejandra Dorado disse...

Hola ! Muchas gracias por visitar mi blog y por tu comentario!!!
Son hermosas todas las fotografias, me encantaron!! Felicitaciones!!
Un saludo
Alejandra desde Argentina

Jacqueline disse...

Oh Rosa, I can't begin to tell you how much I love this place, it would take too long.....the doors, the stonework, the tiles,the urns, all so beautiful. It looks so quiet, as if you were the only ones that were there. If ever I'm in the area , I will remember your post and visit Quinta de Regaleira.
You can only imagine what it was like in it's heyday.
Thank you so much for showing us such a fantastic place. XXXX

pormaisqdmais disse...

Rosa menina, que lugar mais lindo, transmite uma aurea de romantismo, sonho e o mais delicioso dos sentimentos a paz. bjs 1000 fffc

Weißer Vintagezauber disse...

Hello my love,
these are the most great admissions you shows us. I believed myself just as if I turned the leaves through a great picture book.
Thank you for your so dear comments.... although I just the time does not find to write on every single post about you.
Would be embraced,
Elke.

Julie@beingRUBY disse...

OH Rosa!!
I've long regretted I couldn't make it to Portugal and Spain when I was in Europe. So many places to see and now this!! is definitely on my list. How wonderful your photos are. I could look at this post for hours and just imagine I am truly there. Every facet is wonderful and for me particularly the freizes and painted tiles.. Just love them!!

Your last post is also just as lovely. I'm not much of fan of autumn, yet I think your photos could win me over.

Have a great week x Julie

Mayflower disse...

Hello Rosa, I get a holidayfeeling from these beautiful photo's and I see that the weather also is nice. Here we have real autumn, stormy weather with lots of rain brr.
Have a nice day.
Lovely greetings from Mea

ale disse...

QUERIDA ROSA MARÍA!!!gracias por compartir éstas hermosísimas fotos de éste hermoso lugar!!!!!QUÉ GANAS DE VIAJAR Y CONOCER!!!!!!!..ésta es una manera también de compartir un poco el mundo ,no?? sos una fotógrafa de lujo!!!!!un beso giganteeee y gracias rosa por tus comentarios tan amorosos en mi blog!!!!!!!!

Kirigalpoththa disse...

Fascinating place! Truly romantic!!
Thanks for taking me there :)

OTHILIES GÅRDSHANDEL disse...

How beautiful! Thank you so much for youre comment. Have a good day!

THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT! YOU ARE WELCOME ANYTIME!