STARTING THE DAY BEAUTIFULLY:

STARTING THE DAY BEAUTIFULLY:

sexta-feira, 18 de setembro de 2009

THANKS THANKS THANKS ...








Things at school are better! The responsible teacher did take action! - she asked some students from the 9th grade to keep an eye on things. It seems that these kind of gangs fear more older studentsNegrito then teachers! Nevertheless, we will be keeping close attention on how things go on and we're in constant touch with the teacher. So far he hasn't been touched!! It has been hard because we're there on breaks but it has been working.
Wish i could give each one of you a flower!! for the wonderful support and comments through this hard week, ... but, as i can't i offer you some more photos form things around my house; a quote from Maya Angelou (one of my favourite female poets of our times!); and something (my son loves) to make you smile!!!!

I love this quote and i totally identify with it!:

“I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.
I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.
I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.
I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life. I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on bothhands; you need to be able to throw some things back.
I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.
I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.
I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.
I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

Maya Angelou





HAVE A MARVELLOUS WEEKEND!

12 comentários:

C'est Moi, Julie Marie disse...

I am so happy things are better at the school...do have a nice weekend with your family! Bisous... Julie Marie

June disse...

Thank YOU Rosa Maria for the beautiful quote. All truth. I'm so glad that things seem to be working out now. I'm glad that this teacher is helping out, as some are afraid to.
You photos as usual are lovely.
Hugs,
June

Jacqueline disse...

What wonderful photographs of your lovely possessions..... Very pleased for you that things are much better at school. XXXX

Rebecca disse...

Hi Rosa
So glad to hear things are better and that the teacher is doing her best to keep him safe. Your poem was very nice and I enjoyed your photos, thank you
Bless you
Rebecca

Marie-Ange disse...

Merci à toi de nous offrir ces instants ...
Je suis heureuse de voir que les choses vont mieux pour ton fils et si je peux t'apporter un peu de réconfort.
Je t'embrasse très fort.
Marie-Ange

Madelief disse...

Hi Rosa, what a beautiful poem. I am so glad it is going better with your son at school! I enjoy looking at the pictures of your house. You asked me about the Delft blue pictures. The girls on the picture were there because of the Open Monument day. It always attracts a lot of visitors! Delft knows how to please the public! Have a wonderful weekend! Lieve groet, Madelief

lia disse...

Hi Rosa,
I'm glad that things go better at school.
And i love your pictures, and your poem too.

Have a great weekend together.
Hugs Lia

Nice and Easy Antiques disse...

Oi Rosa!! Thank you for stopping by. Yes, we were born in Brazil, but we grew up in Argentina. We understand 100% Portuguese so you can write us in your language, but we will have to answer in English or Spanish!...sorry, but we haven't practice our first language since we were teenagers!!! Let us tell you that Portugal is in our list next time we go to Europe, hopefully (and if the Euro helps) soon!!!. Just read your post about your Son and the bullies,...have a little story for you: When Clara was 6 there was a kid in her class...bully with capital "B". Our Dad, waited for him a day in front of the school and told the little prick: If you ever touch my Daughter....you know the rest...The kid terrorized the school for a whole year, sent a little girl to the hospital to get stitches, but never touched or looked at Clara...I'm not sure that will work these days, specially where we live now...There is something to be said about the old days when kids had respect for adults and when an adult was able to put a kid back in his/her place (and nobody will get offended)We wish your Son the best this school year and we hope the problem gets resolved soon...unfortunately our Dad is too old now to go help you!! LOL!!! Obrigado again for the visit!!!Beijos and abracos!!!
Marcela & Clara

Jeannette disse...

That´s a big relief that he was not harmed. Let´s hope it will stay that way with the help of the elder students and the school keeping focused.
Have a great weekend,
Jeannette

Rostrose disse...

Oh sweet Rosa, now I have to say THANKS! The sentences of Maya Angelou are WONDERFUL an so true! They went deep in my soul! And I am so happy that the things at school are changing in a better direction! I cross fingers that your son is safe now!!!!!
Your photos also are pretty - my favourite is the rusty fence on the fist picture!
Love & lots of hugs, Traude

Isabelocas disse...

Olá amiga:
Fico feliz por saber que as coisas estão a melhorar, como sempre as fotos estão lindas.
Beijinhos para todos.

Magdalena disse...

Hello,
no se escribir en portgues, pero entiendo y espero que tu tambien cuando escribo en español.
Primero quiero dar te gracias por tus maravillosas palabras que me entraron directamente al corazon...sera por que estaban en portugues?
Otro, tus photos son tan romanticos que me hacen viajar en el espacio y tiempo...hermosas.
Espero que todo va a salir bien en la escuela de tu hijo.
Que tengas ,tu y toda tu familia,una linda y creativa semana.
Beso y abrazo,
Magdalena/Color Sepia

THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT! YOU ARE WELCOME ANYTIME!