STARTING THE DAY BEAUTIFULLY:

STARTING THE DAY BEAUTIFULLY:

terça-feira, 29 de setembro de 2009

sensations running through your veins...


















On Sunday, we escaped the city noise! We took the day off and run into Alentejo with some friends! They want to buy a "weekend house" (do you know this expression?! a house where one spends weekends and holidays), in a small village called Viana do Alentejo, so they invited us to go too and check some of what's for sale.

Viana do Alentejo is a traditional village where times loses itself through the narrow stone paved streets aged by hundreds' feet generations and not at all prepared for cars or any other noisy mechanic way of moving. Everything is calm and relaxed. It was hot and people where indoors trying to escape the sun that we, who live at seaside sooo miss.

We saw some interesting properties. One of them was a 19th century house that stood on 15 000m2 piece of land, with a romantic rustic garden and filled with amazing details: 4 kind of medieval fireplaces, 1m thick walls, arched shaped hallways, doorways and ceilings, thick wood doors and windows, a huge 3m deep swimming pool, an old water-main and cistern, hundreds of several fruit trees (nuts, oranges, olives, lemons,...) and a vineyard.
Our friends were amazed and i loved the feeling of it all. But i would never buy it! Call me a fool; call me superstitious; call me silly!! ; but i do belive in the power of energy one gives to a certain place! And ... old houses are filled with soo many different energies!! Who knows what happened there!; what people who lived there felt or lived!; what the builter or the 1st owner wanted or dreamed! Call it ghosts; call it whatever you want! ... but sorry... but no such houses for me!!! The only old houses i would live in would be the ones that are in my family for generations (and one of them is from 1787)!

Am i being silly?! My husband says i am!...
Anyway... took the opportunity to take several pictures on details that i love soo much.

Thanks sooooooo much for all the nice comments on previous posts and hope you all have a new week filled with good strong positive energy!

9 comentários:

jade disse...

Hallo liebe Rosa Maria,
das sind herrliche Ausflugsbilder - ich liebe all diese wunderschönen Fenster!!!!!!!! Und was die alten Häuser angeht, so kann ich dich da sehr gut verstehen............andererseits gibt es bestimmt auch Möglichkeiten, die alten Energien zu beseitigen und ein Haus mit guter, neuer Energie zu füllen. Aber ich hab auch oft Bedenken und würde nie in einem Haus leben wollen, in dem schreckliche Dinge passiert sind!

Eine wunderschöne Herbstwoche und GLG, herzlichst Jade

Julie@beingRUBY disse...

HI there Rosa
Love the details on these windows and the tiled religious images.. just lovely!!
Well I think for me it would depend on the particular house! But I agree entirely that such energies exist and have had my experiences with this.!

Thanks for visiting my blog.. always a pleasure to have a new visitor! Julie

Una disse...

Lovely pics! <3

Rostrose disse...

Hallo, dear Rosa - how fine, to see Azulejos again ;-) And I also love your other pictures - of flowers, beautiful windows, landscape and so on! You say you don't want to live in an old house - oh, I would prefer to live in a pretty old house! I think, old houses have much more carisma than new ones! (But near big cities they are too expensive, we only could afford a halfways new house...) You also love old things like bird cages or fences or doors, you can feel, if they own a good energy, and I'm sure you can feel if a house is "good" for you and your family! So don't be afraid, I'm sure you are lead by "good ghosts" ;-) Hugs, Traude

Luiza disse...

Hello, Rosa!
I LOVE Your photos, and the details You´ve captured in them...

I know just what You mean, old houses can be scary, but I still would want one.

Have a wonderful day!
Love/
Luiza

ale disse...

hola!!!!!! l like your comments of old houses!!!!!!!!very funny!!!!!...l love your photos!!!especially the windows!!!that old old ones!!!nice to inspire and make a paint!!!!!!!!!!!have a beautifull week ...yes,FULL OF GOOD ENERGY!!!!!!!!!BESOS PARA VOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marie-Ange disse...

J'ai aimé me promener au fil de tes photos et découvrir un peu de ton pays que je ne connais pas mais qui me semble magnifique !
Je t'embrasse et te souhaite une belle nuit.
Marie-Ange

vanamo disse...

Rosa, beautiful pictures again:) Have a very nice day.

Madelief disse...

Hi Rosa,

What a beautiful house with all the old details, the orchard and the swimming pool. I would be happy to have it as an everyday house!! So luxurious. I don't mind living in houses other peoples have lived in, as long as the 'feeling' you get in the house is good. Most of the time I feel it immediately once I get inside. Love the very 'Portuguese' pictures you took on the way.

groetjes van Madelief

THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT! YOU ARE WELCOME ANYTIME!