STARTING THE DAY BEAUTIFULLY:

STARTING THE DAY BEAUTIFULLY:

terça-feira, 15 de setembro de 2009

knock ... knock ...

Sadly, just time for some gorgeous details on doors, some are very old others not that old but charming anyway.

Enjoy!!...











All these photos were taken on the several journeys we did this summer through our countrie's cities and villages. Some belong to castles and palaces, others to private houses. I' responsible only for 3 photos!! The others were taken by my son!! ; and he does have a keen eye on it, doesn't he?!!
I had no internet, tv and phone for almost 2 days!! Can you imagine your life without them?!! We couldn't and we felt really sad, specially me and my son; but we had PLENTY of time to do other stuff. God! only when you lose it you realize for real the time you spend on them - net and tv. I do understand people who are totally against it, although i would never be that radical!!!
Today it was also my son's first day at school, after the long summer holidays. As he moved into the 5th grade, they were there only for 2 hours to get to know the new school and how things work. This last 3 days of the week will be used to lecture children about the H1N1 flu. So only next week will school start for real. To be honest, i'm very apprehensive about it - a new school and no known friends from 4th grade in his class!! I'm a bit of a "chicken mother", (as we say it around here!) meaning over protective. Just hope everything goes ok!

Talking about doors and ... ...


Thanks for all the lovely comments!; and i do feel better now.
A marvellous day/ night to you all.

13 comentários:

Jacqueline disse...

I love these doors. Who has passed through them ? Many of them are so old. I love the verdi gris on some of them. Your son has taken some great shots. XXXX

Luiza disse...

I love all of the doors, but my favorite is the green one...

Your son seem to have skills in photographing =).

Haha, Chicken mother, I know that saying, we have it in Sweden as well... I will defenetley be one when/if I become a mother =).

Have a wonderful day,dear Rosa!
And thank You for sharing.
Hugs
Luiza

Kerstin disse...

wow ... Lovely and wonderful pictures og thees doors... I love it...
Take care...Hugs Kerstin

Marie-Ange disse...

Toc ! Toc ! c'est moi, j'ai poussé la porte pour en découvrir d'autres si belles patinées par le temps !
Bisous de douce journée.
Marie-Ange

jade disse...

Guten Morgen liebste Rosa,
was für traumhafte Bilder - ich liebe all diese wundervollen Details!!! Ein ganz großes Kompliment an deinen Sohn - er ist ebenso begabt, wie seine wunderbare Mama!!!! Ich wünsche ihm auch einen guten Schul-Start........ich kann deine Gefühle sehr gut verstehen, ich bin auch so eine "Glucke" (so sagt man bei uns zu "chicken mother" ;))!

Eine herrliche Woche - hoffentlich funktioniert jetzt die Internet-Verbindung, für mich wäre es auch sehr schrecklich, wenn das länger ausfallen würde - GLG herzlichst Jade

lia disse...

How lovely those pictures from the many doors.
My favorite is the green one.

greets Lia

Madelief disse...

Hi Rosa, I am glad you are feeling better. You and your son made some beautiful pictures!

Love, Madelief

Cindy-Stitches-N-Stuff disse...

Hi Rose, you and your son deinately win the prize for creativity. And that is a gift that doesn't come from the internet and tv.

My oldest daughter attended 9 different schools, due to moving, before she graduated from High School. Boy did she have to stretch, we all did. It's good for you to stretch.

I love your blog. Have a great white wednesday.

cindy@stitches

Peonies & Magnolias disse...

Great pictures of doors. I really love those fish door handles. Love your blog.

Sandy

Rebecca disse...

Hello
Your son has a definate eye for photography, the doors are wonderful and I especially love the hand door knockers. Have a great week
Blessings
Rebecca

Atelje Skärvan disse...

HELLO!
FANNY,THAT HAND IS VERRY LIKE THE VHAN I HAVE AT MY DOOR.
THAKE CARE AGNETA

Isabelocas disse...

Eu já tinha escrito uma mensagem, mas pelos os vistos não ficou registada.

Isabelocas disse...

Olá amiga.
Adorei conhecer o teu blog, tem tudo a haver contigo, tens inúmeras qualidades apenas deixo aqui algumas, imaginação, creatividade, talento e bom gosto...
Gostei muito das tuas fotos, estão lindas.
Conheço algumas das tuas peças e não daria nada por elas, mas com o teu toque especial estão giríssimas.

THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT! YOU ARE WELCOME ANYTIME!