STARTING THE DAY BEAUTIFULLY:

STARTING THE DAY BEAUTIFULLY:

segunda-feira, 3 de agosto de 2009

Évora and Évoramonte

ÉVORAMONTE :
It was the site of the signing of the "Concession of Évora Monte" on May 26, in 1834 which ended the civil war between Don PedroIV and Don Miguel, after which Don Miguel went into exile.
It stands on fortifications going back to Roman times and occupies a spectacular position.
The view from the top of the hill!

Typical Alentejo houses

Detail on the date written on the floor in front of Evoramontes' Church - reading 1873.


Churchs' sidedoor.




Inside the castle area there are no gardens just because there´s no space. The only way women have to have a garden is using planters; and as it is too dry you can't grow all sorts of flowers! But look what they managed to do!! They grow cactus and they look BEAUTIFUL!

The castle.
This castle has over 700 years old. It was initiated in 1160 and enlarged in later centuries.
The view from the castel.

ÉVORA
Just some photos because we didn't stop to visit.




8 comentários:

jade disse...

Thank you, dear Rosa Maria for all this wonderful pictures!!! It must have been a great weekend for you!!! The chruch looks so beautiful - love it most of all and the tree, with this loveley flowers!!!!! To visit your blog is like having holidays - here it is cold and rainy today :(!

Wish you a wonderful week, Hugs Jade

Lennu disse...

Hi Rosa Maria!
Thank you for sharing this fabulous photos. I like the chruch,it is so harmony and beautiful. Cactus IS lovely.
I have first holiday today, jess.

Warm greetins and have a lovely week

Lena Kristina disse...

Hi Rosa Maria!

How fn to have a comment from Portugal!

I'v love your country. I'v been to Porto and Lissboa, wonderful

Nice to visit your blog and you have lovely little darling kids

Thank's for nice word on my blog

Hug from Lena in Sweden

Beth disse...

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love all the wonderful pictures on yours. It's nice to be able to "visit" Portugal without leaving home. Thank you for sharing. Best Wishes, Beth

Cottage Garden disse...

Lovely photos of your trip to Evoramonte. I love the tree with the pink flowers and the cactus is just wonderful.
Have a great week!
Jeanne
x

Millas hem disse...

Hi Rosa!

Thank you for your comment on my blog!

It´s funny actually, my grandmother´s name was Rosa Maria!!
And I´m 38 yerars old and I was born in september too.
I´ve been to Algarve fifteen years ago, and I think that Portugal is a lovely place to visit. Hope I can visit there again sometime.

Wish you a nice day!

Hugs Camilla

Weißer Vintagezauber disse...

Darling Rosa-Maria,
what for great pictures of this dreamlike church and castle.
I love such constructions.
Thank you for these impressions.
It greets you completely warmly,
Elke.

C'est Moi, Julie Marie disse...

Hello Rosa, so nice to meet you through our blogs...your photographs are beautiful...I especially love the church and your sweet little children...

THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT! YOU ARE WELCOME ANYTIME!