STARTING THE DAY BEAUTIFULLY:

STARTING THE DAY BEAUTIFULLY:

terça-feira, 4 de agosto de 2009

birthday party

Here are some photos of my husband birthday party. We invited some friends over and did it on Saturday; not in my house but at a neighbours place ( it was also her husband birthday). This couple is a very good friend of ours and we do spend a lot of time at each others homes.
As it's summer we've decided to do a beach theme. It was super! As she is a jazz singer we invited some great jazz players and had a private concert. It was so good that people wouldn't leave!! The party started around 1pm and at 4am sunday they were still playing music - jazz and Bossa Nova. As soon as my friend gives the pictures I'll post some of the band!

I did all the decor (there're still more photos). I used candles, sea sand and shells. Hope you like it.


This is a picture of one - I did 4 - of the main table centerpiece. Doesn't it look great?


ps: the first picture shows a general view of the table.

13 comentários:

jade disse...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your husband!!!!! The birthday table looks soo great and what you told about music and everything else.......it must have been sooo wonderful!!!! Think it will be unforgetable and thank you so much for sharing!!! I`m looking forward to see the other photos!

Have a very nice evening, dear Rosa Maria, Hugs Jade

Rostrose disse...

Beautiful pictures, dear Rosa! And I also send best birthday-wishes to your husband! Thanks a lot for your nice visit on my blog (I hope it is okay to link to your site?). In May 2009 I had very nice holidays in portugal with my husband! Best wishes, Traude

Jenny disse...

Hello Rosa!
Thanks for visiting my blog:)

Happy Birthday wishes to your husband! Great pictures, sounds like you had a wonderful party!

Hugs,

Jenny

Madelief disse...

Hi Bikim,

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! Congratulations on your husbands birthday. The table looks lovely. I hope you had a great evening!

Kind regards,

Madelief

Les Cotrions disse...

Happy birthday to your husband! What a faboulous table! Your setting is a beauty! I like your decorations!
Happy new day tomorrow!
Vale

Weißer Vintagezauber disse...

Dear Rose Maria,
all love and best congratulations to your man. The nicely covered table looks so inviting from........ and I would have been favourite in the middle in it.
A good night and sleep well,
Elke.

Stjärnor & Champagne disse...

Hello Rosa....Thanks for visiting my blog. Thanks for your nice comments. It seems that you had a nice dinner. I will be back for sure, like your blog.

Hughs anne

fräulein klein disse...

Oh, happy birthday to your husband. The table looks like great. I hope you had a nice day!
Many regards, Yvonne

MiaMaria disse...

Hello...

Lovely decoration...for your husbands birthday...Congrat....
It must have been a great evening...

MiaMaria

revesdargile.canalblog disse...

Your blog is gorgeous !!! bravo !!

thanks so much, Rosa, for your message

Congratulations

Monique

Magdalena disse...

Good morning Rosa!
first of all I want to thank you for visiting Color Sepia and for your lovely comment.
Your blog is gorgeous! It gives me so much inspiration! Beautiful decoration...it must have been incredible evning/night.I love jazz and bossa nova!
Best wishes
Magdalena at Color Sepia

Brabourne Farm disse...

What a fabulous party - love the beach theme. Also, thank you so much for visiting Brabourne Farm and leaving a comment. Leigh

agostinha disse...

Olá mana, o teu blog está espectacular!
Beijocas para todos.
Gusy

THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT! YOU ARE WELCOME ANYTIME!